top of page


main clock wain old.jpg
wainwright 001.jpg

Our History

How it all started

100 years ago, before Wainwright was even incorporated as a town, founder Adam C. Armstrong moved from North Gower, Ontario and opened A.C. Armstrong General Store on August 22, 1908. Carmen Coleman moved to Wainwright with his family in 1911, and in 1915 took a job as delivery boy and helper at the General Store. Carmen, later married Mary Isabella, A.C’s niece beginning a family legacy that would endure 100 years and five generations.

old wain.jpg
main wain old.jpg
bottom of page